En sendos parterres

Tema en 'Identificación de nombres de las plantas' comenzado por alexoc, 6/10/10.

1. alexoc

alexoc

Estas 2 plantas las he visto este verano en jardines urbanos en Francia y no las conozco.

[​IMG]

Esta es trepadora
    [​IMG]

2. Edw Méndez

Edw Méndez

Hola,

1. Opino que Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost'.
    2. Opino que Ipomoea quamoclit.

Saludos.

3. Pepillo

Pepillo

Yo le veo mas aspecto de Ipomoea x multifida

Un saludo

4. Edw Méndez

Edw Méndez

Hola,

Pues sí que este híbrido entre Ipomoea quamoclit e Ipomoea coccinea es más similar al de la foto, gracias por la correción,

Saludos.

5. Ipomoea sloteri is the only Internationally accepted legitimate binomial for the older synonym of Ipomoea multifida

6. Patio

Patio Rojiverde

the accepted name is ipomoea sloteri or quamoclit multifida?

7. The current binomial is
    Ipomoea sloteri.

Quamoclit is no longer a genus since it was absorbed into Ipomoea as a subgenus and as a section a long time ago.

8. JMSLC

JMSLC Flora Ornamental Española

That is correct.

9. Fernando Macé

Fernando Macé oriental

Ron, which is his opinion of the web page?: http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/search?q=Ipomoea+x+multifida

Thank you very much.

10. Fernando - The page looks like a good general reference but I could go to every single one of the institutions listed and find errors , in fact I do commonly submit error reports to many institutions when I am of the mind to do so...

Regarding the specific binomial of the plant that is the subject of this thread I stand firm that the current accepted binomial is ipomoea sloteri and there should not be any 'x' between the genus and the epithet

Here is a link to my comment in the PlantFiles
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/662/

The person who did the original inter-specific hybrid had the last name of Sloter.

Websites and databases are only as good as the combination of all the people involved in running them...a site might be great for awhile (because somebody was keeping everything up to date) and then it can go downhill because of a new person simply does not know or care...